all about cupcakes. baking cupcakes. making the cupcakes fancy. all the cupcake stuff one can buy. the people who make me want to bake cupcakes. and other cupcake stuff. i cupcakes.

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 22, 2010

I ♥ Cupcakes

I had to bake cupcakes this weekend for a friend's two nieces. Their birthday party is tomorrow and while I waited for the second batch to cool I messed around with some liners and ribbon. They turned out ok. They always taste pretty good but I've got a lot to learn about how to make them "pretty". I am waiting for a large round tip to arrive in the mail so I had to compromise and go without the tip and just use the frosting bag with the tip cut off...so these are just for fun....

Pretty little liners I got on Etsy.com from Vistla House

These are 3 of my fave. they remind me of my Mom...earthy and gorgeous

Creaming the sugar and butter

I let my cupcakes "rest" on paper towels to absorb any grease

Old fashion chocolate cupcakes with vanilla bean butter cream

Same cake and frosting with the rose liner and pink ribbon with choc. sprinkles

Red rose liner and red ribbon with pearl sprinkles

Teal liner with red ribbon and red heart sprinkles (love Teal color, makes me think of my very good friend Kara...she's a Tiffany Blue fan)

3 of the cuppies all in a row...Austin had eaten the purple one claiming he "hasn't eaten all day" I then reminded him I brought him lunch 2 hours ago. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment