all about cupcakes. baking cupcakes. making the cupcakes fancy. all the cupcake stuff one can buy. the people who make me want to bake cupcakes. and other cupcake stuff. i cupcakes.

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

~Fresh Strawberry Butter Cream frosting on Vanilla Bean Cupcakes~




These cupcakes were made specially for my sister Megan's boyfriend Scott. They are vanilla bean cakes with fresh strawberry butter cream frosting and handmade strawberries on top.

The strawberry on top is made of royal icing (meringue powder, water and powdered sugar). Originally they were a deep pink shade but they didn't look realistic so I painted some red gel food coloring on them for shading. They turned out pretty good!

My husband Austin bought me a new camera the night before, so you'll see lots of shots of the same cupcake. Just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment