all about cupcakes. baking cupcakes. making the cupcakes fancy. all the cupcake stuff one can buy. the people who make me want to bake cupcakes. and other cupcake stuff. i cupcakes.

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

~Pirate Cupcakes for Father's Day~

Happy Father's day to all you proud dads!


These cupcakes were made for a friend on a holiday that is bitter sweet for her. Her dad passed away last year and this will be her first father's day without him. She order these for her husband's dad for his Father's Day treat. So...on a lighter note...she requested Pirate theme cupcakes and although I've only done a few themed orders I was more than happy to give it a go...I did not make the sugar skulls...again I am not that good at decorations yet so I special ordered these on Etsy.com. They are chocolate cupcakes with chocolate butter cream frosting. I did a few with gold sugar crystals as they kinda looked like little gold bars...which might I add Pirates really love! Though I've never met a pirate, I'm gonna assume I right. Anyways, just my basic choc. cupcake recipe and my favorite choc. butter cream. Very rich...again...like a pirate would want to be. ;)


1 comment:

  1. First major mess up...my fault...I was supposed to make her Batman cupcakes for her husband for father's day and next week she ordered pirate cupcakes for the father in law's birthday. She was so sweet about it and didn't say a word until I realized on my own that I had messed up. There are cupcakes in the oven as I type this in order to redeem myself...they will be what she ordered this time. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete