all about cupcakes. baking cupcakes. making the cupcakes fancy. all the cupcake stuff one can buy. the people who make me want to bake cupcakes. and other cupcake stuff. i cupcakes.

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

~Strawberry Cupcake~

~Strawberry Cupcakes with Chocolate Butter Cream~

How do you capture the sweet taste of fresh strawberries!? I did my very best to not use strawberry extract and just use fresh strawberries. However...these cupcakes were not the delicious "reminiscent of my childhood summers" strawberry cupcakes I had hoped for. Not one bit. They were not really horrible but they didn't taste like anything. Not even vanilla. Needless to say I used them as props for cute pictures, sadly they ended up in the trash. So now I am on a mad hunt for a good strawberry cupcake recipe I can use seeing as the one I made up failed horribly. I'm no longer worried about great, good will do. Here are the photos I took, the only good part of these sad little cakes.


I did a quick search for Strawberry Cupcakes on Google and believe it or not Sprinkles Cupcakes gave Martha Stewart their recipe for strawberry cupcakes...hmm...maybe I can try theirs?
My issue there is that then they are not of my recipe. Well...I'll try try again then. Maybe using strawberry extract isn't so bad?

I topped them with "wild strawberries" I had left over from my very own
wedding cake...you can find them at http://www.wendykromer.com/

I used pink gel food coloring as I thought it would pop against the
dark brown liner and frosting. I love the look of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment