all about cupcakes. baking cupcakes. making the cupcakes fancy. all the cupcake stuff one can buy. the people who make me want to bake cupcakes. and other cupcake stuff. i cupcakes.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

~Chai Cupcakes~

I'm practicing Chai Cupcakes for my besties birthday...my first time making tea infused cupcakes. For those of you who don't know what Chai is...it's black tea with different spices... Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Star Anise and I then added Vanilla Bean. This cupcake is one I would prefer in the fall...but it's not my birthday so I just do what I'm told. :) I topped these with vanilla bean butter cream and then a little of the mixed spices. I would do a simple whipped cream with vanilla bean and same spices as it seams like a more appealing topping...maybe the same way they might top a Chai beverage at a coffee shop. They turned out pretty good.

Ground spices

Black Tea and chai spices

My fave vanilla bean paste

Chai Tea cupcake in a tea cup

Spiced cupcake


No comments:

Post a Comment